Friday, June 8, 2007

Paris to Venice--The morning and the wait

The rain has found me again. Gray skies and a light mist covering Milan make it hard for me to believe this is a center for fashion. The ramshackle buildings and rusted machinery remind me more of Gary, Indiana than Italy.
Ive found an empty compartment. Richard and his girlfriend returned last night and are still asleep. I slept fitfully again--The "bed" wasn't too bad in and of itself. Throw in loud snoring by Allocene the majority of the night, two of her random bag inspections, and you have a recipe for lack of sleep. Now I'm somewhat worn, irritable, and less than hygienic praying for a short stopover in Venice en route to Ljubljana. I'm very fearful of a 7 or 8 hour wait.
Reached Venice just before 10AM--Long train ride made worse by lack of sleep and getting up early to see the cant miss view. Well you can miss it. I was extremely let down. Maybe the sun needs to be shining for its "magnificence" to be appreciated.
My train doesn't leave for Ljubljana until 345PM, which would give me time to see the major sights if it weren't raining. So I sit with heavy eyes watching the clock tick by.

No comments: